The success of the Eastern Society for Pediatric Research (ESPR) Scientific Meeting is driven by presentation of the highest quality original science. Your support and participation, through the submission of your best abstracts and your attendance, is key to our persistent success and growth. Abstracts submitted to the 2020 cancelled meeting that were not presented in our June or September 2020 webinars can be re-submitted for consideration for our 2021 meeting
We encourage you to:
- Submit abstracts of the highest quality detailing cutting edge, hypothesis-driven, novel investigations from your own laboratory or clinical research program. Encourage others in your discipline to submit as well.
- Encourage junior faculty and trainees to submit their abstracts. Early career stage investigators are especially encouraged to consider submitting their work.
This Meeting is an important opportunity for child health professionals to show their support for academic medicine. The Meeting demonstrates the vigor and enthusiasm of academic medicine by showcasing the best in pediatrics and child health research of this century. We look forward to your abstract submissions. Additional program, housing and registration materials will be available in January on the website.
CLINICAL CASE COMPETITION
ESPR solicits interesting clinical cases from residents and fellows for our popular Clinical Case Competition Session. Three clinical cases will be selected for presentation during lunch on Saturday, March 23, 2019. Cases may be submitted online using the Case Presentation template. This template allows submission of the entire case narrative and digital images.
Each Fellow or Resident chosen to present his/her case will also serve as a discussant for one of the other chosen cases. Discussants will receive selected cases in advance.
- Format: PowerPoint 2013 or newer; 16:9 format. No PDFs.
- File Name: All Presentations must be labeled exactly like this: Date_ Time of presentation _Presenter’s Name _Presentation Topic_Mac/PC.
Example: 3.12.2021_1015_JDoe_General Pediatrics II_Mac
- Submission: Upload by TBD, 11:59 PM EST.
- Bring a copy of your slides on your personal USB flash-drive.
- 10 minute presentation time limit is strictly observed
- Presentation & Diagnosis Review Schedule
- ALL presenters are required to check in at the Speaker Ready Room at least two hours in advance of their presentation to ensure compatibility.
- All media submitted to the speaker ready room will be destroyed post show unless other arrangements are made.
*Note: Presentation updates or changes will be accepted through TBD, 2021, 5pm EST. ALL updates or changes after that must be presented to the SPEAKER READY ROOM ON SITE at least two hrs before your presentation.
- Completed in mid-January by the Scientific Program Planning Committee.
- Three authors will be invited by the Program Chair to present and be a discussant Posters.
- Residents/Fellows of selected Clinical Cases will create a poster to display their Case.
- Include only information submitted or presented during the lunch lecture.
- The final diagnosis should NOT be printed on the posters to allow attendees to review and learn from the Clinical Cases and attempt to determine the final diagnosis.
EXHIBITORS AND SPONSORS
There are a number of options for industry and academic centers to expand their company, institution, and/or product exposure. Opportunities are available on a first come, first-served basis. We invite you to take advantage of these promotional opportunities to heighten your visibility and leave your mark at ESPR!