The success of the Eastern Society for Pediatric Research (ESPR) Scientific Meeting is driven by presentation of the highest quality original science. Your support and participation, through the submission of your best abstracts and your attendance, is key to our persistent success and growth.
We encourage you to:
- Submit abstracts of the highest quality detailing cutting edge, hypothesis-driven, novel investigations from your own laboratory or clinical research program. Encourage others in your discipline to submit as well.
- Encourage junior faculty and trainees to submit their abstracts. Early career stage investigators are especially encouraged to consider submitting their work.
This Meeting is an important opportunity for child health professionals to show their support for academic medicine. The Meeting demonstrates the vigor and enthusiasm of academic medicine by showcasing the best in pediatrics and child health research of this century. We look forward to your abstract submissions. Additional program, housing and registration materials will be available in January on the website.
CLINICAL CASE COMPETITION
ESPR solicits interesting clinical cases from residents and fellows for our popular Clinical Case Competition Session. Three clinical cases will be selected for presentation during lunch on Saturday, March 23, 2019. Cases may be submitted online using the Case Presentation template. This template allows submission of the entire case narrative and digital images.
Each Fellow or Resident chosen to present his/her case will also serve as a discussant for one of the other chosen cases. Discussants will receive selected cases in advance.
- Format: PowerPoint 2013 or newer; 16:9 format. No PDFs.
- Disclosures: On slide 2, list relevant disclosures or indicate you have none.
- File Name: All Presentations must be labeled exactly like this: Presenter’s Name_Time of presentation_Presentation Topic_Date.
Example: JDoe_1015_General Pediatrics II_3-24-2019
- Submission: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 11:59 PM EST, TBD .
- Bring a copy of your slides on your personal USB flashdrive.
- 10 minute presentation time limit is strictly observed
- Presentation & Diagnosis Review Schedule
- ALL presenters are required to check in at the Speaker Ready Room at least six hours in advance of their presentation to ensure compatibility.Note: All media submitted to the speaker ready room will be destroyed post show unless other arrangements are made.
*Note: Presentation updates or changes will be accepted through TBD, 5pm CT. ALL updates or changes after that must be presented to the SPEAKER READY ROOM ON SITE at least 3 hrs before your presentation.
Saturday, March 14
- Case One:
12:00-12:10pm Resident/Fellow presentation
12:10-12:20pm Resident/Fellow discussion
- Case Two:
12:20-12:30pm Resident/Fellow presentation
12:30-12:40pm Resident/Fellow discussion
- Case Three:
12:40-12:50pm Resident/Fellow presentation
12:50-1:00pm Resident/Fellow discussion
Sunday, March 15
Diagnosis reveal occurs at the Sunday morning award session.
- Completed in mid-January by the Scientific Program Planning Committee.
- Three authors will be invited by the Program Chair to present and be a discussant Posters.
- Residents/Fellows of selected Clinical Cases will create a poster to display their Case.
- Include only information submitted or presented during the lunch lecture.
- The final diagnosis should NOT be printed on the posters to allow attendees to review and learn from the Clinical Cases and attempt to determine the final diagnosis.
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION CREDITS
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the PA Medical Society. St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children is accredited by the Pennsylvania Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children designates the 2019 live activity for a maximum of 15.75 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
EXHIBITORS AND SPONSORS
There are a number of options for industry and academic centers to expand their company, institution, and/or product exposure. Opportunities are available on a first come, first-served basis. We invite you to take advantage of these promotional opportunities to heighten your visibility and leave your mark at ESPR!
|2019 – March 22 – 24
2018 – March 16 – 18
2017 – March 24-26
2016 – March 11-13
2015 – March 20-22
2014 – March 21-23
2013 – March 22-24
2012 – March 30-April 1
2011 – March 25-27
|2010 – March 26-28
2009 – March 11-15
2008 – March 28-30
2007 – March 9-11
2006 – March 17-19
2005 – March 4-6
2004 – March 26-28
2003 – March 21-23